(Last Updated On: April 19, 2015)
The new government in Kenya has moved a number of services to cashless and online so as to improve efficiency. Renewing you driving license can now be done online and you can pay using credit cards, debit cards or mobile money.
Here are the steps
1. Log on to http://ntsa.ecitizen.go.ke then sign up or sign in if you are already registered.
2. Click on National Transport Safety Authority link then choose Driving License Renewal.
3. Enter your Ref No (These are the numbers on your driving license in the section C 0f C on the first page). For those who are not sure send an SMS with the word DL to 22430, once you are subscribed Dial *512# then enter your ID to get your Ref Number.
4. Choose your renewal period.
5. Confirm your details then move on to the payments option.
6. Click on Services then download you renewal slip, print, cut and stick on your Driving License.
Traffic police will use mobile phone to confirm validity of your driving license.