(Last Updated On: December 19, 2015)
Many people are never sure what to consider when searching for an insurance cover and end up picking an insurance company without considering what exactly they cover.
Here are some guidelines that may help especially when searching for an individual cover.
The basics of what to consider when getting an insurance cover include:
- Inpatient costs and whether it includes doctors fees
- Outpatient costs and the type of diseases covered
- Chronic illnesses like diabetes and hypertension
- Dental cover
- Maternity fees and any newborn illnesses
- Whether it covers the extended family in case you want one that does
Other extra things that may be vital to ask depending on the age include;
- Coverage of HIV and HIV related illnesses
- Any type of cancer and limits of the coverage
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy and the limits
- International cover
Here are some of the additional services offered by the various insurance companies;
- Heritage insurance depending on the cover type it includes international cover.
- Jubilee Jcare cover includes cover for HIV, cancer and organ transplant.
- APA insurance includes femina plan that covers breast and cervical cancer
- Resolution insurance has a good maternal cover that includes Lamaze classes. They also cover HIV conditions
- CIC insurance caters for inpatient chemotherapy and radiotherapy. They also have a family cover
- AAR does not cover any prior HIV and HIV related illnesses. It also has an international cover that includes air lifting and ambulance services.