(Last Updated On: April 19, 2016)
A Kenyan passports will take 10 years to expire so you have to keep renewing it. In order to do this, you have go to your ecitizen.go.ke account and fill the passport application form. Manual application was scrapped off so everyone including the illiterate will have to use this process.
1.Log in to ecitizen.go.ke
2. Go to Department Of Immigration Services then Passport and Temporary Permits.
3. Open Passport Application form and fill it as per the instructions the instructions given.
4. Mode of payment is either through Mpesa or Debit/Credit Card.
5. Download and Print the application plus three application receipts.
6. Head to the Immigration Center near you (Nairobi, Mombasa or Kisumu) and drop the forms in person.
Passport is processes within 15 working days so its safer to apply for it early before traveling.