(Last Updated On: December 17, 2015)
The leaders in Kenya’s government are undoubtly among some of the wealthiest individuals in the country. The new 7 cabinet secretaries appointed have a combined net worth of Ksh2.6 billion and very little i known how they accumulated such massive amount of wealth in a short while.
Here is the list of their net worth:
1.Mwangi Kiunjuri – Net Worth Ksh798 million (Devolution Cabinet Secretary)
He used to be a tout when he was younger then became a teacher. He holds massive chunks of land and buildings in Nanyuki, Sagana and Nairobi.
2. Cleopa Mailu – Net Worth Ksh615 million (Health Cabinet Secretary)
He mainly earned most of his money from his massive salary at Nairobi Hospital. He left a Ksh67 million a year job for one that will lead to a salary cut of Ksh40 million since he will earn Ksh1.2 million a year (salary plus allowances)
3. Joe Mucheru – Net Worth Ksh500 million (CS for Communication and ICT)
He has earned around Ksh267 million from venture and has huge investments yet to mature.
4. Charles Keter – Net Worth Ksh352 million (CS for Energy)
He will now be the former senator of Kericho. He did not give details on how he made his money.
5. Sicily Kariuki – Net Worth Ksh168 million (CS for Public Service Youth and Gender)
She says she made her wealth through her salary and investments.
6. Willy Bet – Net Worth Ksh127 million (CS Agriculture)
Earnings were mainly from employment, farming and rental income.
7. Dan Kazungu – Net Worth Ksh100 million
He is resigning from his position as MP of Malindi.