(Last Updated On: June 10, 2014)
Brazil has spent $3.6 billion on building 12 different football stadiums for the 2014 World Cup. This high spending has caused lots of protests in the country since the people felt neglected. Check them out.
1. Maracana in Rio de Janeiro
The stadium underwent renovations costing $536 million to improve its capacity to 78,000 from 20,000. It is located right inside Rio.
2. Arena das Dunas in Natal
It is a new arena that costs $400 million. It looks like a sand dune.
3. Areba Pernambuco in Recife
4. Arena Amazonia in Manaus
5. Estadio Nacional in Brasilia
This was finished last year
6. Estadio Castelo in Fortaleza
7. Estadio Mineirao in Belo Horizonte
8. Arena Fonte Nova on the shores of Diqur do Tororo
9. The Itaquerao in Sao Paulo
10.Arena de Baixada in Curitiba
11. Arena Pantanal in Cuiaba
12. Beira in Rio in Porto Alegre
It was renovated at a cost of $130 million. The roof was modified to collect rain water