(Last Updated On: April 26, 2014)
With smartphone penetration increasing everyday and internet becoming more and more affordable, Kenyans are visiting more and more websites online. The number of local websites has dramatically increased over the years due to more local content being uploaded online and new Kenyan sites coming up every month.
So what are the most visited websites in Kenya in 2014?
Alexa.com uses various tools to estimate how much traffic a website is getting then ranks them.
1. Google.com – World’s top search engine
2. Facebook.com – World’s largest social network
3. Youtube.com – World’s biggest video site
4. Yahoo.com – Provides email services, news and search
5. Google.co.ke – The local Kenyan version of Google
6. Twitter.com – Social networking and microblogging site.
7. Wikipedia.org – Online encyclopedia
8. Standardmedia.co.ke – News by Standard Group
9. Blogspot.com – Free tool to create blogs
10. Nation.co.ke – News site by Nation Media Group
11. LinkedIn – A social network mainly for professional purposes
12. Olx.co.ke – An online Kenyan market place
13. WordPress.com – A tool to create a blog
14. Ask.com – Offer search services on various information
15. Ghafla.co.ke – Kenya’s leading celebrity gossip site
16. Safaricom.co.ke – Kenya’s biggest telecommunication company
17. Kenyan-post.com – A local gossip news site
18. Capitalfm.co.ke – A local news website owned by capital FM
19. BBC.com – News site based in UK
20. Amazon.com – An online worldwide shopping website