(Last Updated On: April 19, 2014)
When you visit various KCB ATMs in Kenya you will see huge posters saying “Withdraw from Mpesa”. Here is how to do it
On your phone
1. Select “Withdraw cash” from your MPESA menu.
2. Choose “From ATM”
3. Enter your agent number as 555555
4. Insert your MPESA PIN.
Safaricom will send you a text message with a 6 digit code.
On the ATM
1. Select MPESA from the ATM menus
2. Pick the language you prefer
3. Key in the 6 digit authorization code that Safaricom had sent you.
4. Enter your phone number.
5. Enter the amount of money you want to withdraw.
6. The ATM will dispense the cash and Safaricom will send you a text message confirming that the transaction is complete.
The maximum amount you can withdraw from MPESA through the ATM is sh20,000 in a single transaction
MPESA rates/charges using ATM withdrawal
Sh200 – Sh2500 Sh33
Sh2501 – Sh5000 Sh66
Sh5001 – Sh10,000 Sh110
Sh10,001 – Sh20,000 Sh193